Rebuilding New York's Schools through Partnerships The Reopen and Rebuild America’s Schools Act of 2021 invests $130 billion to help reopen public schools and provide students and educators a
Rebuilding New York’s Schools through Partnerships
The Reopen and Rebuild America’s Schools Act of 2021 invests $130 billion to help reopen public schools and provide students and educators a safe place to learn and work and creates common starting point to discuss best practice and what is needed to succeed in implementing the best possible solutions – to rebuild New York’s schools for the future.
In educational settings and open spaces, a good indoor climate is essential to health and well-being, but it also plays a crucial role in student achievement. Creating the optimal conditions for learning requires product solutions designed to address all the unique needs of education spaces. Optimal acoustics, air quality, natural lighting and aesthetics work together to impact how students understand teachers, stay focused and even perform on tests.
To rebuild New York’s schools for the future we must look for new inspiration that can help provide both students and educators with a safe place to grow and work. This session is an insight into best practices, and what we need to do to succeed with implementation – which is critical to secure the future of New York’s schools and all who uses them.
On September 30, during BuildingEnergy NYC, leading experts will discuss how New York’s schools can be built back better. Join us for an inspiration discussion and meet leading pioneers in the field:
- Annie Bevan, Executive Director, mindful MATERIALS
- Rodolfo Perez, Senior Director, The International WELL Building Institute
- John Shea, Chief Executive Officer, New York City Department of Education
- Erika Eitland, Director, Human Experience Lab, Perkins&Will
- John Medio, President Americas, Rockfon North America
- Best practices usable for designing the future of New York’s schools.
- Why an education buildings’ indoor environmental quality, including acoustics and air quality, matter and play a crucial role in student achievement and educator well being.
- What a healthy educational setting can look like.
- How we best support the implementation of a safe and healthy place to work and learn.
The session takes place during BuildingEnergy NYC on September 30th, 2021 from 3.20-4.20 pm and is organized by the Danish Cleantech Hub. Read more about the session HERE and about the conference HERE.
(Thursday) 3:20 pm - 4:20 pm