Why We Must Build Back Circular We must take innovative measures to source ideas for how we build back circular to explore and develop a future model. Therefore, this
Why We Must Build Back Circular
We must take innovative measures to source ideas for how we build back circular to explore and develop a future model. Therefore, this session will also bring into focus how we can work faster and smarter to bolster the circular economy thinking in buildings.
Adopting circular economy approaches in high growth, high-waste sector like the built environment presents a tremendous opportunity for businesses, governments, and cities to minimize structural waste and thus realize greater value from built environment assets. It is time to reshape our urban future and move from principles to practices. During the session, visionary practitioners will provide their perspectives on partnerships as key to understanding and solving tomorrow’s challenges.
- Design sits prominently at the heart of the circular economy. It requires us to redesign everything: products, business models, cities, and the linear systems that have lasted for the past centuries. During the session, you will gain insight into six strategies for incorporating circular principles into your business.
- The greatest opportunities are realized when the circular economy is applied to strategic decision-making – varying from design to selection of products. Innovative projects and cases will be presented.
- To accelerate the circular economy in the built environment, partnerships are key and may come in many forms and shapes. Through the Build Back Circular challenge, Barnard College enters into new partnerships to reach its goal of becoming a circular campus.
- Tom Kennedy, Principal, Arup
- Kåre Stokholm Poulsgaard, Head of Innovation, 3XN/GXN
- Oliver Neve, Associate, Ramboll
- Sandra Goldmark, Director of Sustainability and Climate Action, Barnard College
- Moderator: Mille Munksgaard, Senior Advisor, Danish Cleantech Hub
- Combining circular economy thinking with strategic decision making
Tom Kennedy, Principal, Arup
- Building a Circular Future
Kåre Stokholm Poulsgaard, Head of Innovation, 3XN/GXN
- Moving the construction industry towards a circular economy model
Oliver Neve, Associate, Ramboll
- Building a Circular Campus
Sandra Goldmark, Director of Sustainability and Climate Action, Barnard College
- Panel discussion: Driving the Circular Transition through Partnerships
For more information or questions regarding the event, please contact Mille Munksgaard, Senior Project Manager and Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
(Thursday) 9:00 am - 10:00 am