We are no longer accepting applications.
Are you passionate about bringing people together, international collaboration and fostering a green and circular economy? Do you have what it takes to engage and accelerate knowledge sharing and helping international sustainable businesses expand their business in the US? Then this is an opportunity to make a difference and accelerate your career as a sustainability professional.
Danish Cleantech Hub is a public-private non-profit initiative, founded by the Confederation of Danish Industry and State of Green. We develop projects and initiatives that in new ways facilities knowledge sharing and bring companies and green solutions to the US. Our biggest project is Circular City Week New York. We also work directly with Danish businesses providing them with analysis services related to market entry/expansion and creating events to raise awareness around solutions and technologies.
In New York, we are a smaller, but growing team, supported by our large headquarter in Denmark. We are part of the New York University’s cleantech incubator space, Urban Future Lab, located in Downtown Brooklyn.
Your key tasks will include
- Being a key driving force to make the third Circular City Week New York an even bigger success and grow our network of partners, hosts and sponsors.
- Organizing events/conferences/webinars and take lead on communicating and assisting our 60+ host organization that take part of Circular City Week.
- You will be responsible for developing and managing corporate partnerships, including strategic planning and execution of cleantech related activities and visits in New York.
- You will be supporting the implementation of ongoing projects related to circular, green building and urban planning, involving both public, private and academic stakeholders.
We expect from you
- You like to share your excitement about the green clean future and experience from the world of sustainability either from working in an NGO, public agency or private company will be a plus.
- You are comfortable speaking to partners and peers, and you have a good sense for coalition building and partnership development. Previous involvement in multi-partner projects and settings will be an advantage.
- You have strong organizational skills, can keep track of many processes at one time and have previously worked with planning events and conferences.
- You have flair for strategic business development and likely experience with corporate consulting.
- You have strong communications skills and insights into the world of newsletter, websites, and SoMe.
- It comes naturally to you to take responsibility and manage projects independently. In addition, we expect you to be helpful and passionate about sharing your knowledge with interns.
By joining Danish Cleantech Hub you will become be part of a dynamic, young, and driven team. We have brought the Danish way of working to the US, so hierarchies are flat, and work-life balance a priority. Candidates must be a US citizen or hold a valid US work permit and should ready to start working by 1 October 2020 or potentially earlier. We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis. This position is a temporary 7-8 months local employee contract, but subject to potential extension.
Please sent your application to firstname.lastname@example.org in one pdf file, which should include a cover letter, your CV, and any other diplomas/letters/references relevant for this position. You can contact Tone Søndergaard, Director of Danish Cleantech Hub, by phone: +1 (646) 997 4019 or e-mail at email@example.com if you have questions about the position.